On being apart

Jose is out of town, which is difficult for me. Even though he works a lot when he is here and it's not like we are constantly together life just seems to make more sense when he is here. I've found that when he's gone I organize things or take on some project. Honestly I saw a movie with a pretty purple wall in it and now I want to paint one wall purple. I almost did it too. Except I can't figure out which wall to paint. It's probably a good thing. My decorating whims can be a little out there. (but I may still do it, you never know) I did hang a shelf and reorganize our night stands. I know, I know, what can I say? I'm a party animal. If he was in the military and ever got deployed I would probably go crazy. Or have the most organized (and colorful) house in the history of the world.

As missionaries we do have to be apart more often than we like. Thankfully, we have found ways to stay connected when that happens. Thank God for technology! Truly. Sometimes I hate it. But there is a place for it and being able to text and call each other throughout the day no matter where we are is a huge benefit.


We are getting ready for a trip to the states. The kids and I will be staying for a couple months because we have a wonderful Occupational Therapist who works with Tim and will be helping us navigate some recent challenges Zoe has had with reading. Jose will start and end the trip with us but will spend most of the time in Peru. I'm really grateful that God has blessed us with the ability to do this. There was a time where the only thing I could do to help Timothy was google and read books and hope I was on the right track. I'm also very grateful for the people that look out for us and take care of us while we are there. It helps Jose not to worry knowing that our Powerhouse family are making sure we all get fed (in every way!) But again I will miss Jose while we are apart. At least he will come home to a very organized night stand. And maybe a random purple wall. We shall see...

If you want to pray for us these are our main objectives.
Timothy would continue to improve with his communication and interpersonal skills
We will find answers for Zoe's difficulty with reading
The church here in Piura will continue to grow and improve even while Jose is away for a short time
Our trip in the states will be refreshing and beneficial
God will meet all of our financial needs while we are there (living in the states and maintaining a home in Peru can be tricky sometimes)
Good cell phone service for both of us
Safe travels and protection while we are apart

Comments

Popular Posts