We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps

At the beginning of the year Jose and I sat down to talk about our year. Truthfully we didn't have the money to bring our whole family to the states and we were discussing our options. In my heart I really wanted to come with the kids so that Timothy and Zoe could see our dear friend and occupational therapist Tracey so that she could help us troubleshoot some challenges we had. But we decided that we would pray that God would provide for our trip if it was his will for us to come. We made plans as though we would not come but also as though we would and prayed that God would do his will. Obviously we made it to the states and our plan was for Jose to stay until March 22nd and the kids and I to stay until May 25th.
Then came Corona. We are officially 42 days over our original projected return date (Jose is 106 days past his) We have had all kinds of feelings about the situation. I admit to being happy that Jose didn't go back to Peru in March. I know he has stuff to do but life isn't as good when he's not around. We've struggled to adapt to life as guests for such a long time. Even though Texas is Home. It's also not anymore. We are "visiting from Peru" albeit indefinitely. We have friends and family (and friends that might as well be family) here and it's wonderful to spend time with them. It has been a gift to spend so much time with them.
We've also had the blessing to be able to go to occupational therapy almost every week we have been here. Zoe has advanced a lot in her ability to read and we've received so much help and support with both her and Timothy. I know God had his hand on that.
I've also struggled not being allowed to go home. I miss having my place where we can go to. We are staying in a suit at our churches retreat center which is a huge blessing just having a place we can call home while we are here. But it's also difficult to have 5 people in 2 rooms. Sometimes my kids get a little tired of all the "family togetherness" so we get a little less than loving in our interactions.

In all of this I can see God's hand moving. My heart is truly broken over so many things happening in the world right now and I have been spending a lot of time in prayer. I never really saw myself as an intercessor but this season of life has cause me to open my heart to new things. We've also seen some of our team back in Peru step up in ways we didn't expect from them. Some are being stretched in ways that I know God is working in and through them and some of them are totally blowing us away. Jose has taken some steps of faith in ministry and I'm so proud to see him growing in his calling. Doing things I'm sure he didn't expect but that I know God has directed. Along with a couple guys that came with us in March he launched "Hombre Alpha International" Discipling pastors and leaders all over Latin America to help them go to the next level with their mens ministries. He has been up every morning at 5:00AM so he can mentor some of these guys and also for a special project that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention. lol

I'm sharing all of this because I've been radio silent on this blog for a bit and I was asking God what exactly I should do in this time. How do I write a blog about being a missionary while I'm not actually on the mission field? I've always held back a little bit when talking about our mission. Not wanting to overshare or make others question my commitment or whatever it was. I struggle way more than I want to admit. I get restless wherever I am. I think its an offshoot of moving so much as a kid. I want stability and action at the same time. But here it is. A stream of consiousness style update on our current situation.
In summary

Yes, we are still in the states.
No, we don't know when we can go back
Yes, we are ok and trying to just keep trusting God as we walk by faith
Yes, we are all still healthy and nobody has corona

Please pray for us that God would continue to to protect and provide for us and our team back in Peru. Pray that we would be able to return to Peru soon. Pray that we would have a peaceful and fruitful time as we continue in Peru

Also, we have new prayer cards! If you would like one please let me know here or email me at jkmission2peru@gmail.com please include your mailing address so I can stick it in the mail
If you would like to give you can give a tax deductible donation here —> Give to mission Peru
We also have Venmo @Katjoselopez and PayPal jkmission2peru@gmail.com
Thanks for reading and praying!
~Kat

Comments

  1. ❤️❤️❤️ Thanks for sharing your heart. I love you guys and the people of Peru. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts