Metro Training

    Last week Jose took our core metro team to Lima for training and an opportunity to practice. It was intense 3 days and they loved getting the opportunity to see it put into action. Together they traveled to the most dangerous part of Lima and ministered to some of the kids down there. Since I wasn't able to go (had to stay with the kids.) I asked them to share with me what impacted them the most about their time and why they are excited to bring metro to Piura. These are their comments.

Hi, I am Jonathan Mendez I participated in the training in Lima and honestly it was a very special time. I learned that Children are extremely important to equip the youth of the future with good values and principles. But especially the word of God. I loved the dynamics and the structure that they use. I am excited to bring this important program to Piura and share the gospel with thousands of children in the communities and schools.                                                                   Jonathan Mendez
This training in Lima helped me to understand the importance of reaching the generation that we often ignore or overlook. We can share paternity with them from a very young age so that they grow up knowing the promises of God. Metro uses a very powerful and entertaining way of teaching principles and values in a way that captures the attention of the children so they want to learn and can easily remember. Gerardo Yarleque

My Name is Luis Ramos. My wife and I love teaching children about God. In the Metro training I learned the importance of children in society. I met someone whose love and passion for serving children was greater than mine. This made me question myself. I realized my love and passion needed to grow, I have to elevate my commitment to a greater level. Questions came to my mind. If they are our future, why haven't we given more importance to the lives of the children in our country? Why don't we listen to them and help them? We have abandoned the children in our society and because of that they grow up not knowing God so they make bad decisions. I desire to see the next generation loving God and serving him much earlier than we have. We already have the way to teach them about God and values. With Metro we will succeed in reaching them.
Luis Ramos  
 

My time in Lima really impacted me. We went to the most dangerous neighborhood in Lima. It was a really great experience. I'm so passionate about this project. Something that really impacted me was I saw a teenager that was maybe 15 with a gun on his waistband. (guns are illegal in Peru) As he spoke to the Pastor in Lima we found out that 2 of his friends had been shot the week before and he was worried about the same happening to him. I don't share this to shock you only to show that the world is stealing childhood. It made me ask myself what I am doing to share the love of God with the children around me. “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:3-5
Fernanda Campos 

Before going to Lima when I was told that we were going to be doing Metro here in Piura I was like OK, excellent, that’s great. But in the back of my head I also thought well there really is not a need here because there are already so many things available to children, there are already so many groups that are excellent at serving kids here, in fact there is an entire day dedicated to children here in Peru and Piura does it big! However, after hearing from Pastor Renato in Lima I received some thing huge. I honestly even kind of felt like I was made new all over again. I was reminded of my own child like faith. Children’s ministry is not just about being a babysitter for a day, or even about telling kids about Jesus. It is not just a quick fix to a generational problem. Children’s ministry is about life and death. It is about heaven and hell. And in places especially like here in Piura, it is up to us to be the hands and feet that demonstrate the love and power of God.  Not just once, but constantly and consistently. These kids will determine the future of our world. And through Metro Ministries we can help break generational curses, upset the patter of poverty mentality, and by pleading the blood of Jesus over their lives and teaching them to do the same, not just these children but their families , and their future generations will come to serve the Lord and rebuild His kingdom!
Delena Sullivan 

This is a picture of our team on their way back. In my next blog I will introduce you to each of them and their families. Please continue praying for us and especially for provision. These guys are missionaries in their own town. Each one of them has chosen to serve God through metro and are living by faith. 

If you would like to sow into metro financially you can give one of 3 ways 
Paypal
Venmo @KatJoseLopez
Tax deductible donation

Thanks for reading!
~Kat 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts